Are you looking to buy the best gaming routers in 2020-2021? No worry you have come to the right place. We have reviewed 9 best routers for gaming in 2020. Go To-Best Router Under 100 / Best Router Overall / Best Router 10 List / Best Router Buying Guide
A wireless router is a device that performs the functions of a router and also includes the functions of a wireless access point. It is used to provide access to the Internet or a private computer network.
So check out our gaming routers reviewed for 2020. we hope best routers list will help you to buy your best one. We have also reviewed on best wireless routers of 2020, best wifi routers, best routers for home. best routers under 100, best under 200, best under 50.
Top Best Gaming Routers For 2020 – Comparison
|Best Gaming Routers||price||Buy Now|
|Best Gaming Router – Linksys Dual-Band Wifi Router||$149.00||Buy Now|
|Best Under 200– Netgear R7500 Gaming Router||$128.99||Buy Now|
|Best Under 100:NETGEAR AC1750 Gaming Router||$84.28||Buy Now|
|Best Overall Gaming Router:NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro||$247.98||Buy Now|
|Best For 2020:ASUS Gaming Router||$319.99||Buy Now|
|TP-Link AC1200 -Gaming Router Under 50||$59.99||Buy Now|
|Best Gaming Router – Linksys Dual-Band Wifi Router||Best Under 200– Netgear R7500 Gaming Router||Best Under 100:NETGEAR AC1750 Gaming Router|
The Best Gaming Routers 2020 Reviews
- Best Overall Router-Linksys Dual-Band Wifi Router
- Best Gaming Router:NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro
- Best Under 200-Netgear R7500-200NAS Gaming Router
- Best Wifi Gaming Router:NETGEAR X4S AC2600
- Best ASUS Tri Band Gaming Router
- TP-Link AC1200 –Gaming Router Under 50
Here are top 10 best gaming routers for you to buy in 2020-2021 now.
Best Gaming Routers Under 150
1.Best Overall Router-Linksys Dual-Band Wifi Router
The Linksys Max-Stream AC1900 Multi User-MIMO Router (EA7500-CA) provides dual Wi-Fi bands with combined data speeds of up to 1.9 Gbps for high-bandwidth applications. Ideal for households with high Wi-Fi traffic, this Wi-Fi router allows you to simultaneously connect 12+ devices, including tablets, smartphones, 4K UHD TVs, and game consoles. Multi-User MIMO technology ensures a fast, uninterrupted Wi-Fi connection even when multiple devices are connected at the same time. GO TO TOP
- Dual-band WiFi speeds up to 1.9 Gbps
- Bandwidth for 15+ devices
- Up to 1,500 sq. ft. of WiFi coverage
- MU-MIMO Technology
Read Full Reviews of The Linksys Max-Stream AC1900
Best Overall Gaming Routers
2.Best Gaming Router:NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro
Power to Win
The XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router uses state-of-the-art software to optimize your internet connection by stabilizing ping, reducing lag spikes, and keeping you in the game with reliable wired and wireless connectivity for fast-paced gaming.
- Quality of Service – Prioritize gaming devices over others to prevent lag spikes
- Geo Filter – Limit distance to servers or other players
- Gaming Dashboard – View real-time bandwidth utilization by device
- Network Monitor – Identify applications that could be causing lag
- Gaming VPN – Support your existing VPN service
- Nighthawk app – Easily setup your router, manage Internet access by pausing and resuming internet instantly. All from your mobile device!
Read full reviews of The XR500 Nighthawk Pro Gaming WiFi Router
Best Budget Gaming Routers Under 50
3.Best Budget Gaming Router :NETGEAR Smart WiFi Router
Maximum Speed, Optimum Ease
Next generation Gigabit WiFi technology has arrived. Get 3xfaster access and more reliable streaming for your home computers and mobile devices. Beamforming+ and dual band technology makes your gaming more extreme and your HD streaming smoother.
- Beamforming+—Faster, more reliable connections
- USB 3.0 port—Up to 10x faster USB hard drive access.
- Two USB ports—Wirelessly access and share USB hard drive and printer.
- Ultimate connectivity for dual band WiFi devices like iPad/iPhone 5.
- ReadyCLOUD USB Access allows you to enjoy personal and secure cloud access to USB storage anytime, anywhere.
- Open Source Support at myopenrouter website GO TO TOP
Read full reviews of NETGEAR AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Best Gaming Routers For Under 100
4.Best Under 100 :TP-Link AC1900 Router
Seamlessly stream 4K HD video and game online with the Touch P5’s lightning-fast AC1900 Wi-Fi. Set up your network right on the dual band router’s intuitive touchscreen display, eliminating the need for a separate PC, tablet, or smartphone. The Touch P5 includes apps for easily adding or removing devices from your network, modifying parental controls, and changing guest access privileges. Its three external antennas use high-powered amplifiers and Beam forming technology to provide superior coverage and reliability. Frequency Range: 2.4GHz and 5GHz Band; Interface Available: 4 x 10/100/1000Mbps LAN Ports , 1 10/100/1000Mbps WAN Port, 1 USB 3.0 Port + 1 USB 2.0 Port; Protocols Supported: Supports IPv4 and IPv6; System Requirement: Microsoft Windows 98SE NT 2000 XP Vista or Windows 7 8 8.1 10, Mac OS NetWare UNIX or Linux, Internet Explorer 11 Firefox 12.0 Chrome 20.0 Safari 4.0 or other Java-enabled browser, Cable or DSL Modem, Subscription with an Internet Service Provider (for Internet access)Windows 8 MAC OS NetWare UNIX or Linux; Wireless Standards: IEEE 802.11ac/n/a 5GHz, IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz + 256QAM
- One-Minute Touchscreen Setup – Effortlessly set up a network and modify settings with the responsive touchscreen
- Ease of Use – Manage settings, including parental controls, access policies, mode selection, and more as easy as using an app on smartphone
- AC1900 Speed – Enjoy streaming 4K video and online gaming without lag on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
- 1GHz Dual-Core Processor – Powers through multiple tasks at the same time without interruptions
- Superior Coverage – Three dual band antennas with high-powered amplifiers provide up to 10,000* square feet of Wi-Fi coverage GO TO TOP
Read full reviews of TP-Link AC1900 Router
Best Gaming Router Under 200
5.Best Under 200-Netgear R7500-200NAS Gaming Router
NETGEAR Nighthawk X4 AC2350 MU-MIMO Smart WiFi Gaming Router (R7500v2)
Take Your Gaming to the Next Level
The Nighthawk x4 AC2350 smart Wi-Fi router is the NEXT wave in Wi-Fi. Quad-stream x4 architecture delivers speeds up to 2.33Gbps and the 1.4GHz dual Core processor and dynamic QoS, give you unparalleled performance for gaming and streaming. MU-MIMO provides faster speeds with simultaneously streamed data for up to three devices.
- Stay in the game with AC2350 WiFi (600Mbps 2.4GHz + 1733Mbps 5GHz).
- Reduce lag, packet loss, and ping variance with Quad-Stream X4 Architecture. Ultimate range, speed, and network stability.
- Achieve more throughput with Multi-user MIMO (MU-MIMO) Technology.
- Focus all your bandwidth on gaming with Dynamic QoS.
- Wired or wireless – 1.4GHz Dual Core processor boosts your network performance.
- Prefer to be wired in? 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports provide fast wired performance.
- Open Source Support at the My Open Router website. GO TO TOP
Read Full reviews of The Nighthawk x4 AC2350 smart Wi-Fi router
6.Best Wifi Gaming Router:NETGEAR X4S AC2600
Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router with 160MHz, MU-MIMO, and Quad Stream technology delivers WiFi to multiple devices simultaneously for faster speeds. Stream 4K content in pristine quality with 160MHz support while receiving ultimate WiFi speeds of up to 2.53Gbps, with a powerful 1.7GHz dual-core processor. Enjoy smoother streaming and gaming by prioritizing application and device with Dynamic QoS. WiFi Range – Very large homes
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 2500 sq ft wireless coverage with AC2600 speed (Dual band up to 800 + 1733 Mbps)
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 45 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1.7GHz dual core processor, 4 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, MU MIMO, Dynamic QoS, Amazon Alexa Voice Controls, and more
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive and printer with any connected device, and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 2 x 3.0 USB ports
- SMART PARENTAL CONTROLS: The Nighthawk app lets you manage device internet access and filter websites
- SAFE & SECURE: Supports WPA2 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more. GO TO TOP
Read full reviews of Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Best High End Gaming Router
The ASUS ROG Rapture is a gaming tri-band router featuring a 1.8GHz quad-core processor and the latest 4×4 802.11ac MU-MIMO technology. Game Dashboard with Game IPS controls and protects your network in real-time while delivering data rates up-to 5334 Mbps across prioritized ports and gaming-dedicated 5GHz Wi-Fi band.
ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 is powered by a top-of-the-line 1.8GHz 64bit quad-core CPU that offers more than enough power to handle anything you can throw at it.
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4×4 MU-MIMO
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro GO TO TOP
Read full reviews of ASUS Gaming Router Tri-band WiFi
Best Gaming Router For Home
8.Best Router Under 100:NETGEAR AC1750 Gaming Router
The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router delivers extreme Wi-Fi speed for gaming up to 1750Mbps. The Dual Core 1GHz processor boosts wireless & wired performance. High-powered amplifiers and external antennas increase range for whole-home mobility, while Beamforming+ boosts speed for mobile devices, up to 100% faster.
The Nighthawk App makes it a snap to set up your router. Just connect your internet Ethernet cable to the router and the app will walk you through simple setup steps. Connect your devices to the network and you’re done. GO TO TOP
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage with AC1750 speed (Dual band up to 450 + 1300 Mbps)
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 25 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port
- CIRCLE APP PARENTAL CONTROLS: Pause device internet access, view site history usage, and filter websites for free. Set online time limits, schedule device internet access, and more for $4.99/month (1st month free trial)
- ADVANCED CYBER THREAT PROTECTION: NETGEAR Armor (powered by BitDefender) is network wide anti virus, anti malware, fraud/phishing/ransomware security on an unlimited # devices for a 30 day free trial
Read full reviews of The NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Wi-Fi Router
Best Gaming Routers Under 50
9.TP-Link AC1200 –Gaming Router Under 50
The Archer C1200 upgrades your network with fast AC1200 Wi-Fi. Dual 5 GHz (867 Mbps) and 2.4 GHz (300 Mbps) bands send up to 1167 Mbps total AC Wi-Fi, letting you watch movies and download files without slowing down your network.
Three antennas with beamforming create stronger Wi-Fi coverage, while a fast processor keeps connections seamless and uninterrupted. Four Gigabit Ethernet ports provide reliable wired connectivity and a USB port lets you easily share files across your network. GO TO TOP
- Up to 1200 Mbps AC Wi-Fi Speed
- Dual Band 2.4 GHz (300 Mbps) + 5 GHz (867 Mbps)
- 4x Gigabit LAN, 1x Gigabit WAN
- 3x External Antennas
- 1x USB 2.0
- WPS and Wi-Fi On/Off Button
Read full reviews of TP-Link AC1200 -Gaming Router
Best Gaming Routers Buying Guide 2020
The Different Types of Routers
The first step to buying a Wi-Fi router is figuring out the type of router that’s right for you. There are a few main types of routers to consider. Namely, you’ll want to think about the number of bands you want from your router — and if you want your router to support mesh networking. Here’s a rundown of the different types and the differences between them.
Single-Band Routers: Cheaper But Offer Slower Speeds
Wi-Fi routers essentially communicate to devices like your phone through radio frequencies — and different routers can communicate through one or more of those frequencies. When it comes to single-band routers, as the name suggests, you’re limited to one frequency band — 2.4GHz.
The 2.4GHz frequency band is great for a number of different situations. For starters, it’s better than some other frequency bands at penetrating through walls and floors. On top of that, almost all devices are compatible with the 2.4GHz band. Those advantages shouldn’t necessarily discourage you from buying a dual-band router though — dual-band routers support the 2.4GHz frequency band, too.
Dual-Band Routers Are Great for Densely Populated Areas
While single-band routers stick with the 2.4GHz frequency band, dual-band routers step things up by adding another frequency band — 5GHz. What that means is that you’ll be able to connect to your router on either 2.4GHz or 5GHz, depending on what you’re doing and whether or not the device you’re using supports 5GHz connectivity.
There are some pretty major advantages to using a dual-band router with 5GHz connectivity, especially if you live in a highly populated area. For starters, 5GHz connections have quite a lot less interference, both because of the fact that it’s still less-used than 2.4GHz, and because 5GHz isn’t as good at penetrating through walls and furniture.
Tri-Band Routers Will Future-Proof Your Home
It would be easy to assume that tri-band routers add another frequency band on top of the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands — but instead of adding a different frequency band, tri-band routers add a second 5GHz band.
There’s one major advantage to this — and that’s to reduce congestion and interference on your Wi-Fi networks even more. With an extra lane for traffic, congestion in that lane is seriously reduced, meaning it’s much more likely that you’ll be able to reach higher speeds at any given moment. It might sound like this adds a lot of complexity to using a Wi-Fi router, but most tri-band routers automatically sort devices between the different networks, so you don’t have to worry about doing it manually.
Mesh Networks Blanket Your Home With Wi-Fi
If you’re curious about buying a mesh Wi-Fi networking system, it’s important to know that they’re a little different from the other types of routers we’ve looked at so far. That’s because mesh Wi-Fi networking systems have less to do with the bands used, and more to do with extending Wi-Fi range.